Hadas Golan B.Ed. Mus. MS/CCC-SLP
Faculty, Department of Otolaryngology – Voice and Swallowing Center
- Clinical (patient care) 617-638-8124
- Academic 617-638-7933
Care of the Professional Voice, Muscle Tension Dysphonia, Breathing Disorders
Disorders in which Hadas Golan has special expertise:
- Hoarseness in professional voice users including performing artists, educators, executives, clergy, lecturers, etc.
- Dysphagia related to radiation fibrosis– Offers soft tissue manual techniques
- Dysphonia related to Parkinson’s disease using the Lee Silverman Voice Treatment
- Benign vocal fold lesions including nodules (singer’s nodes), polyps
- Functional voice disorders such as muscle tension dysphonia
- Breathing Disorders including Asthma, Paradoxical Vocal Fold Movement, Snoring and Sleep Apnea, Allergies, and Chronic Cough using the Buteyko Breathing Method
Therapy techniques and approaches in which Hadas Golan has special expertise:
- Hadas combines a variety of therapy approaches such as Resonant Voice Therapy, Vocal Function exercises, LSVT, exercises to develop voluntary control of different structures of the vocal mechanism (Estill Voice training), and more.
- In addition, she offers two very unique and highly effective services:
- Laryngeal manipulation- trained by its developer osteopath Jacob Lieberman who works with singers in London, using this technique is highly effective to alleviate symptoms related to excessive peri laryngeal muscle tension. It helps to alleviate chronic sore throat, cough and congestion, globus complaints, muscle tightness, improves ease of swallowing, hoarseness, vocal stamina and flexibility.
- Hadas is a certified Buteyko Breathing practitioner. This is a system of breathing retraining which delivers immediate and sustained improvement for people with asthma, allergies, sleep apnoea, snoring, anxiety disorder, and other breathing-related conditions. It is based on the work of Russian respiratory professor Konstantin Buteyko.
2011 - Master Teacher - Estill Voice Training System - Compulsory Figures for Voice Control
- Training singers and other voice users to achieve control of laryngeal structures for more effective voice production
2010 - Laryngeal manipulation- trained by its developer Osteopath Jacob Lieberman, DO MA
2008 - Certified Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT) clinician for people with Parkinson’s disease
2007 - Buteyko Breathing Method Instructor, qualified to treat patients with respiratory-related problems.
- • The Buteyko method effectively eliminates symptoms of asthma and other respiratory disorders.
2007 - Vanderbilt Voice Center - Seminar
- Treatment and evaluation of voice disorders for professional voice users
2007 - Workshop on voice therapy for Pop and Rock singers.
- Style-appropriate singing techniques to protect vocal mechanisms.
2006 - Voice Disorders in Children - Joseph Stemple Ph.D., Karen Zur MD.
- Methods for working with children, ages 3-18 including Vocal Function exercises
2006 - Forging Partnerships of Understanding in Vocal Rehabilitation The Emory Voice Center.
- Evaluation and treatment of various voice disorders.
2007 – Present Speech Pathologist, MS/CCC-SLP - Boston, MA, USA
Voice and Swallowing Center, Otolaryngology Department, Boston Medical Center
- Provide evaluation and treatment for children and adults with voice disorders. Specialized in care of the professional voice.
2007 – Present Buteyko Breathing Method Instructor - Newton, MA
- Evaluate and treat patients with respiratory-related problems
2007 Supplemental Healthcare - Boston, MA, USA
- Participated in the evaluation and treatment of adults with aphasia, traumatic brain injury, dysarthria, and apraxia
2003-2006 Private Practice (Lynn Flint Shaw & Associates) - Dallas TX
- Provided evaluation and treatment for children and adults with articulation, fluency, language, and voice disorders.
2003 – 2006 Sante Rehabilitation Group - Dallas TX, USA
- Provided evaluation and treatment for children with articulation, fluency, language, and voice disorders. As part of the Career Ladder Program, designated Sante’s consultant in the area of voice disorders
2003 – 2006 Care Options for Kids - Dallas TX, USA
- Provided evaluation and treatment for children with articulation, fluency, language, and voice disorders. Provided supervision to speech therapy assistants
2002 University of Texas at Dallas - Dallas TX, USA
- Research Assistant. Responsible for data management, tests scoring, and language samples for a Randomized Study of Child Language Intervention
1991-1999 Jerusalem School District - Jerusalem, Israel
- Music educator, Choir conductor, Voice teacher
1996-1999 The Children Choir of Modiin - Modiin, Israel
- Music educator, Choir conductor, Voice teacher
1991-1999 “Moderna” Ensemble - Jerusalem, Israel
- Soprano singer in a professional vocal ensemble.
Master of Science in Communication Disorders, MS/CCC-SLP - Dallas, TX, USA 2000-2002
- University of Texas at Dallas, Callier Center for Communication Disorders.
B. Ed. Music - Jerusalem, Israel 1988-1991
Rubin Music Academy in Jerusalem
Certification and Professional Membership
|American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Certificate of Clinical Competence
American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
Massachusetts Speech-Language-Hearing Association
Buteyko Breathing Educators Association
Voice and voice disorders special interest division (SID-3) of ASHA
Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT) certified clinician
Certified Master Teacher - Estill Voice Training System
2009 – Present Intubation Swallowing Study - Boston Medical Center- Boston, MA, USA
- To look for the effects of intubation on swallow function
2009 – Present Voice Therapy for Foreign Language Speakers
Voice and Swallowing Center, Otolaryngology Department, Boston Medical Center - Boston, MA, USA
- To determine if voice therapy is beneficial for foreign language speakers
Presentations and workshops
- 2009 - The Buteyko Breathing Method- presentation at the Marino Center, Cambridge and Wellesley, MA
- 2009 - “Essentials of a Healthy Voice: How it Works and How to Keep it”- presentation for MA music educators- Pieter Noordzij, MD, Hadas Golan
- 2008 - The Buteyko Breathing Method- presentation at Cambridge Naturals
- 2008 - “Essentials of a Healthy Voice: How it Works and How to Keep it”- presentation for singers at New England Conservatory- Pieter Noordzij, MD, Hadas Golan
- 2008 - The Lee Silverman Voice Treatment for people with Parkinson’s disease- presentation at Newton-Wellesley support group
- 2007 - Spasmodic Dysphonia and voice therapy- presentation for SD support group
- 2007 - Taking care of your voice – presentation for school teachers – Hadas Golan – Newton, MA
- 2005 - Taking care of your voice – presentation for school teachers – Hadas Golan – Dallas, TX
- 2005 - Voice disorders in school teachers for SLP’s (CEU course) – Hadas Golan – Dallas, TX
- L. Clarke Cox, Ph.D.
- Elizabeth Mahoney Davis MD, FACS, FAAOA
- Anand K. Devaiah, MD, FACS
- Waleed H. Ezzat, MD
- Hadas Golan, MS, CCC-SLP
- Gregory A. Grillone, MD, FACS
- Kenneth M. Grundfast, MD, FACS, FAAP
- Scharukh Jalisi, MD, FACS
- Bounmany Kyle Keojampa, MD
- Susan Langmore PhD, CCC-SLP, BRS-S
- Jessica Levi, MD,
- J. Pieter Noordzij, MD
- Michael P. Platt, MD
- Jeffrey H. Spiegel, MD, FACS
- John Stram, MD
- Michael_Walsh, MS, CCC-SLP
- Zimmern Wang, MD
- Center for Innovative Technology
- Center for Voice & Swallowing Research